The Lock Your Meds® Campaign
Be Aware. Don't Share®
More than 3.1 million teens ages 12 to 17 report abusing prescription drugs.
Secure Your Medicine to Prevent Youth Prescription Drug Abuse
The Lock Your Meds® campaign is sponsored by the National Family Partnership to combat prescription drug abuse among youth. The target audience for Lock Your Meds® is 20-80 year-old adults, with the primary focus on keeping prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals away from drug abusers. Many adults may be unwitting suppliers and by making adults aware of the problem we can curb the abuse by others.
Get the facts about prescription drug abuse trends in America from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) December 2011 report. Click Here
Pledge to Fight Rx Abuse
Take the Lock Your Meds pledge to take inventory, secure your medicines and spread the word about Rx abuse.
Learn More. Take the Pledge Today
Dispose of Old Medicines
- Dispoose of old medicines in a safe and enviromentally responsible way.
Click Here to view guidelines and instructions.
- Attend a Rx Take Back Event:
Find out if an event is happening in your area. Click Here
Download these FREE tools to spread the word and take action against prescription drug abuse in your home and community.
- MEDICATION GUIDE - Six easy lessons on Rx drug use trends among teens, slang terms used by abusers and steps you can take to secure your medicines.
- TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR CHILD SAFE FROM PRESCRIPTION DRUG ABUSE - Seven things you can do today to keep your family safe from prescription drug abuse.
- HOME MEDICINE INVENTORY CARD - An easy to use one page sheet for taking inventory of your medicines.
- COMMUNICATION GAP POSTER - A list of slang terms used by prescription drug abusers that parents and educators should watch out for.
Need more information or want to spread the word in your community? Access more Lock Your Meds® campaign information and order brochures from the National Family Partnership. Visit www.LockYourMeds.org.