Family Day is a Day to Eat Dinner With Your Children
Make Something Delicious Together on Family Day, Monday, September 24th
Hectic work schedules, after-school activities and time spent with school friends often interfere with dinnertime. Yet research by The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASAColumbia™) consistently finds that the more often children eat dinner with their families, the less likely they are to smoke, drink or use illegal drugs.
Created by CASAColumbia™ in 2001, Family Day - A Day to Eat Dinner with Your Children is a national effort to promote family dinners as an effective way to reduce substance abuse among children and teens.
Download Delicious Recipes for Family DayGet Your Recipes
Chris Valdes Parepares Three Delicious Dishes for Family Day.
Watch Chef Chris Valdes of Mr Chefs Catering in Miami demo these recipes while making it a fun time with your family. Click Here to view the cooking demo.
Parental involvement is the most potent weapon in preventing substance abuse among youth!
Family Day promotes regular family activities to encourage parent-child communication, reminds us all of the value of parental engagement and encourages parents to make family dinners a regular feature of their lives.
Enter the Family Day Contest and win a $50 or $25 Publix Gift Card.
Take the Family Day pledge and then email a photo of you having dinner with your family for Family Day. Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st or mail it in to: Informed Families, Family Day Campaign, 2490 Coral Way, Miami, Florida 33145
Promote Family Day in your School, PTA or Community Group
- See photos from the 2011 Family Day contest entries
- Spread the message that family dinners can protect kids. Encourage your community to celebrate Family Day.
Download the 2012 Family Day flyer English Flyer | Spanish Flyer
How Can YOU Join the Fun?
- Take the Family Day Pledge, promising to have dinner with your family on September 24, 2012 and more frequently throughout the year.
- Download recipes to celebrate with your family
- Download the Family Day Tool Kit with recipes and fun games to enjoy with your family
- Show us what a great time you had! Take a picture of your family eating dinner together.
By submitting your photo, you are agreeing that Informed Families has permission to promote the photo on the website and in other Informed Families publications.